Senior sales managersManaging event sales in tough markets
A specialist in-house training course
Leading and managing a profitable sponsorship and exhibition sales team is challenging in current market conditions. This course has been designed to develop your leadership and management skills and techniques to enable you to build, motivate and retain high performing individuals and teams and maximise the performance of your events. Open discussions combined with practical exercises will road test new approaches to leadership and provide a toolkit for you to immediately apply to your own working scenarios.
Scoping your sales business for optimum profit
- Right-sizing the sales team
- Managing the event mapping process to maximise Spex potential across the whole portfolio
- Crafting realistic but stretching by-event Spex plans
- Accurately deciding on event & portfolio resource requirements
Recruiting, targeting and compensating a high performance Spex team
- Adopting best-fit recruitment processes and beating others to the best recruits
- Building targeted competency & accountability maps
- Setting and monitoring motivational targets
- Compensation plans that motivate top performers
Developing Sales processes that work in tough economic markets
- Adopting & sustaining a successful sales methodology
- Getting performance management right
- Maximising the productivity of sales resources
- Deploying strategies for shorter sales cycles and higher yields
Building a dashboard of winning sales force KPIs
- Proven metrics for optimum results
- Driving robust pipeline management to keep on track
- Getting the most from your CRM
- Optimising portfolio & event revenue in tough markets
Influencing without line authority
- Driving cross functional alignment for maximum profit
- Leading multi functional sales initiatives
Driving team members to achieve their best even in difficult times
- Motivational techniques that work even when sales are down
- Meaningful performance appraisals and developmental plans
- Essential on-going training – top topics and formats
- Effective staff retention strategies
All attendees who complete the course satisfactorily, will receive a certificate.
Who should attend?
If you are a senior sales manager or director tasked with recruiting, managing and motivating a SPEX team then this course has been designed specifically for you.
Follow us on:
Make retraining your employees a priority — 7 out of 10 people say that training and development opportunities influence their decision to stay with a company.
Join our mailing list to hear about new course dates and special offers
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Thought the course was very good – opened up peoples thoughts and good scene setter.
Head of Conferences,
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Good course, covered all aspects of business development. Very good trainer – he understands the event business well.
Head of Tax Conferences,