Growing and sustaining your event business
Applying the latest business analysis tools to your events business
A specialist in-house training course
If you are a senior conference manager or event director tasked with developing and growing your business then this course has been designed specially for you. The course recognises that many senior event managers have little or no management training yet have responsibility for significant financial, personnel and brand development. This course covers the very latest in strategic management development and uniquely, applies it to the particular pressures, opportunities.
98% of our delegates would recommend our courses
Strategic analysis methodology and practice for your events business
- steps towards a three year action plan for your events
- from analysis to action
- clarifying the tools and business models available
Understanding your market for events and identifying growth opportunities
- Using PEST and SWOT analysis to understand your position within the market
- Using Porters Five Forces model and understanding the conference life cycle
- Defining financial, customer and organisational targets
The importance of the event database
- Analysing your event database for business success
- Identifying opportunities for growth
- Blue-sky thinking
Competitive Analysis: Positioning your events against the competition
- Auditing resources and capabilities
- Understanding the characteristics that your customers value
- Perceptual mapping – how do your customers perceive your company and their events compared to your competition?
Using Matrices for Analysis: Applying strategic analysis to events
- McKinsey/GE Matrix
- BCG Growth Share Matrix Identifying alternative business models to grow your conference business
- Using the Ansoff Matrix to consider Market Penetration, Product Development, Market Development and Diversifi cation
- Using KPI’s in business development Industry Defining Events and marketing for the future
- Understanding engagement marketing
This course is relevant for all conference and event professionals whether you are in conferences, large scale events, exhibitions, associations or charities.
One day: 09:00–17:00
Find out more about in-house training
Thought the course was very good – opened up peoples thoughts and good scene setter.
Good course, covered all aspects of business development. Very good trainer – he understands the event business well.