Growing your event businessApplying the latest business analysis tools to your events business
If you are a senior conference manager or event director tasked with developing and growing your business then this course has been designed specially for you. The course recognises that many senior event managers have little or no management training yet have responsibility for significant financial, personnel and brand development. This course covers the very latest in strategic management development and uniquely, applies it to the particular pressures, opportunities.
Strategic analysis methodology and practice for your events business
- steps towards a three year action plan for your events
- from analysis to action
- clarifying the tools and business models available
Understanding your market for events and identifying growth opportunities
- Using PEST and SWOT analysis to understand your position within the market
- Using Porters Five Forces model and understanding the conference life cycle
- Defining financial, customer and organisational targets
The importance of the event database
- Analysing your event database for business success
- Identifying opportunities for growth
- Blue-sky thinking
Competitive Analysis: Positioning your events against the competition
- Auditing resources and capabilities
- Understanding the characteristics that your customers value
- Perceptual mapping – how do your customers perceive your company and their events compared to your competition?
Using Matrices for Analysis: Applying strategic analysis to events
- McKinsey/GE Matrix
- BCG Growth Share Matrix Identifying alternative business models to grow your conference business
- Using the Ansoff Matrix to consider Market Penetration, Product Development, Market Development and Diversifi cation
- Using KPI’s in business development Industry Defining Events and marketing for the future
- Understanding engagement marketing
95% of our delegates would recommend our courses
Who should attend?
This course is designed for an individual who is:
- managing an event team
- their portfolio might be Stage 1, Stage 2/Annual, LSE, Webinar, Training
- they are in a commercial setting (have to make a profit) but might work for a professional association or publication
One day: 09:00–17:00
Where and when?
This course is run as an in-house programme. Please call +44 (0)208 374 1712 if you would like further information.
Training is great value for money
Companies that invest in employee training enjoy 24% higher profit margins versus companies that don’t.
Thought the course was very good – opened up peoples thoughts and good scene setter.
Head of Conferences, Lexis Nexis
Good course, covered all aspects of business development. Very good trainer – he understands the event business well.
Head of Tax Conferences, Lexis Nexis