Copywriting for conferences and events
An event for all conference producers and marketing professionals who want to write incisive, attention-grabbing copy, ‘both on and off line’, that attracts delegates with power and conviction
Copywriting is easy isn’t it? Just put together a few words, send out your brochure and sit back and wait for the bookings to come in. Well, if you want to waste all your research and throw away money that’s exactly what you do. Or you could learn how to plan and use the right techniques to make your conference copywriting more effective and get some real results.
19 June 2019
98% of our delegates would recommend our courses
Make retraining your employees a priority — 7 out of 10 people say that training and development opportunities influence their decision to stay with a company.
Core copywriting principles and how they apply to conferences
- Why do people attend conferences? Relating your copy to their needs
- Some core copywriting principles — AICDA and FAB
- Understanding your core conference proposition and your target market
- Making your copy flow
Creating effective emails
- Top tips on how to write a better subject line
- Writing introductions and body copy
- Language structure and style
- Building relationships through email
- Reviewing industry emails and your own examples of emails
Translating your copy to the web
- Adapting your copywriting to the web
- Moving people through your site – Hooks and Linking conventions
- Writing to optimise for search
Maximising the impact of the front cover
- Why the brochure cover copy matters
- Developing a powerful conference title
- Making the most of strap lines, highlights and key speakers
- What else should be on the front cover — slashes, corner cuts, testimonials
- Techniques for writing hard hitting brochure copy
Writing to deliver online communities
- Why do communities work?
- What should you write to drive usage?
- What should a community do?
Writing for social media to grow your delegate base?
- How is the writing style different to online?
- Things you need to think of from a writing point of view
- Getting the tone right
- Top 5 things to remember when writing for social media
- Dealing with comments and feedback
An amazing 80% of conference producers surveyed said they struggled in writing really good copy. Many felt they wasted valuable time trying to create copy which accurately and effectively sold their event. Great copy can be a powerful sales tool and can make a significant difference in securing delegates. So, if you are new to conferences or are one of the 80% who think your copywriting skills could be improved, this course is for you.
To pay by cheque or bank transfer, use our registration form.
To pay by credit card for the 19 June 2019 course, please use the form below.
19 June 2019
25 September 2019
11 December 2019
One day: 09:00–17:00
£595 plus VAT for all commercial companies
£545 plus VAT for not-for-profit organisations
The course was great. Really enjoyed the exercises, they helped me fully understand what I was learning. The trainer kept everyone under control and concentrating for the whole day, it didn’t drag at all!
We all thoroughly enjoyed the training and found it very insightful. Louisa was very engaging and tailored the training to our website and copy which was great – we have a lot to action. (in-house copywriting training)
The core copywriting principles were extremely useful and will be used on a daily basis. The “creating effective emails” session was excellent – especially focusing on the subject headers to capture the audience in that first instance! Caroline was extremely engaging and passionate about changing your content and copy specifically for your target audience!
Clear, concise and extremely useful. The course was very logical in terms of the order things are covered in. I am launching a new event at the moment and this course has really helped me and I feel much more confident in how to approach it.
Very inspiring – Katherine has been amazing for us, given us huge insight into industry best practice. Honestly, it is the best internal training course I’ve been on. Honest, non-judgemental, inspiring, encouraging.
We truly enjoyed the course and have applied what we learned the first day we’re back at the office. I returned to the office inspired and shared core writing tips with my colleagues immediately during our internal communication meeting. The tips and tricks I’ve learned will certainly go into the office writing toolbox we’re developing.
The Copywriting course was really useful, there were lots of different take-aways and I found the day really interactive. Caroline was an excellent trainer, really enthusiastic and kept the sessions interactive and engaging. 5/5Alice Kenning
I found the Copywriting Principals the most valuable part of the day and I will be changing the way I write copy to be ‘benefit led’ copy now! 5/5Lucy Eyre
I just wanted to get in touch to say that the course yesterday was really great, I came away feeling really positive about what I had learned and have already started implementing some of the techniques that Caroline shared with us! A huge thank you to Caroline as well, it was a really engaging and interesting course.Amber Wareing