Health & safety & risk management for the conference, exhibition and event managerComply with the latest Health & Safety regulations and develop comprehensive risk management strategies for your business
With increasing health & safety legislation and the need for event managers to be more pro-active in risk management, this one day course has been designed to keep you up-date with all the information you need to be compliant, manage your risks and operate effectively. Special attention will be given to clarifying the corporate manslaughter legislation and developing practical risk assessment and risk management strategies for all your events.
Understanding and implementing health and safety policies at events
- Accident Prevention objectives
- Clarifying health and safety law and whose responsibility it is
- Proactive monitoring — audits, inspections etc
- Understanding the causes of accidents and reactive monitoring
- Identifying the most common hazards
- A/V health and safety — wires etc
- Providing adequate levels of security
Corporate Manslaughter Legislation explained
- The new legislation explained – what does it mean for you?
- Clarifying the provisions you should make
- How the corporate organisation can protect itself and what it requires from suppliers
Clarifying the Equalities Act and understanding your responsibilities
- What the Equalities Act means to you as an event Manager
- Who is responsible you or the venue?
- Practical tips for compliance
Insurance strategies to protect and manage your event
- Identifying when to use insurance policies
- Cancellation and abandonment
- Property damage — common exposures
- Legal liability and how to minimise them
Developing risk assessment and risk management strategies to minimise and manage event exposure
- Developing risk assessments for every event
- Understanding a venues responsibilities and what they need to supply
- Event contingency planning
- Risk assessment throughout an event
- Building a risk management team
95% of our delegates would recommend our courses
Who should attend?
If you are a senior sales manager or director tasked with recruiting, managing and motivating a SPEX team then this course has been designed specifically for you.
One day: 09:00–17:00
Where and when?
This course is run as an in-house programme. Please call +44 (0)208 374 1712 if you would like further information.
Training is great value for money
Companies that invest in employee training enjoy 24% higher profit margins versus companies that don’t.
This was probably the most energising and inspiring two days “training” I have ever participated in. The course covered many legal, contractual and health and safety issues approached in a real life scenario way and I think we all went away both scared about some of the things wee were letting slip through, ignoring due to pressures or simply didn’t realise we should be doing, BUT with the knowledge and practical guidelines on how to remedy the situation.
Head of Event Management, Euro RSCG Riley
The spearker gave a really useful presentation, bringing together risk management and insurance.
Conference Coordinator, The Resource Alliance