Time management for event professionalsPractical tools to take more control of the way you spend and manage your time
Event professionals are constantly working against the clock, juggling multiple projects and bombarded by different time pressures. If you are struggling with deadlines, having problems prioritising your workload or spending time searching for documents and emails, then this course is for you.
Through practical, tailored exercises, which are event specific, this course will give you the ability to plan and prioritise effectively and manage your time more efficiently.
Identifying the crunch times in events and where improved time management can help
- Event timelines and potential red flag times
- What do we mean by time management?
- Being able to recognise what good and poor time management is
Managing yourself in the event team
- Linking your objectives to key result areas
- Identify your responsibilities and priorities
- Being able to set goals and objectives for yourself
- Choosing your long-term goals and how they can help your planning
- Defining your personal time stealers and how to deal with them
Setting and achieving goals
- Setting SMART goals
- Identifying tasks and milestones
- Visualisation and goal achievement
Time saving tools and techniques
- Identifying personal time-takers and distractions
- Learning to say ‘no’
Organisation tools for event professionals
- Diary keeping
- Creating document management system
- Organising your emails
Creating a personal plan
- Revisiting your goals and objectives
- Creating a personal plan for goal achievement
All attendees who complete the course satisfactorily, will receive a certificate.
Who should attend?
This course is for busy event professionals who may feel overworked and stressed by the time pressures they are under. If you are looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently, this course will give you practical tools to take more control of the way you spend and manage your time.
Follow us on:
Retain your key staff
78% say training & development is the most important workplace policy.
Join our mailing list to hear about new course dates and special offers
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Good course, covered all aspects of business development. Very good trainer – he understands the event business well.
Head of Tax Conferences
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Overall, a very well run course, addressing specific questions by the attendees. Informative and enjoyable!