Email marketing for conferences and events
Creativity, engagement and persuasion techniques
With inboxes overflowing with emails daily how do you ensure your email campaigns will stand out from the rest, achieve the highest open rates and avoid the common pitfalls. This one day course explores the creativity behind email marketing and any delegate will leave inspired and better equipped to produce more impactful campaigns for their audiences.
19 April 2018
Why email marketing — the core principles, benefits and pitfalls to avoid
- Review of the current stats on emails generally
- What are the benefits of email marketing
- Quick tips on the simple do’s and don’ts to create a successful campaign
- The common mistakes to avoid
Engaging your reader and building a relationship with them
- Do you really know your recipient?
- What’s the best way to engage them to ensure best possible open rates for your emails?
- Benefit driven copy – the advantages of FAB
- Importance of customer acquisition and retention
- Gaining trust with your subscribers
Persuasive copywriting — making your copy flow
- Tone of voice guidelines — using the right language and style for your audience
- Scannability guidelines — short v long copy and key words
- Structure of your email
- How to write a great introduction and develop engaging content
- What should the body copy of your email consist of?
- Call to actions — how important are they and how many should you have?
HTML email design essentials
- Branding — choosing colours and fonts consistent across all media
- Working with email templates
- Thinking about navigation within the email
- Designing for the preview pane and “above the fold”
Different types of emails
- In depth look into the different types of emails to use
- How to ensure variety in your campaign and creating the ideal series of emails
- Examples from the different types
Subject lines — the most important element to get right
- Top tips on how to write a killer subject line
- Different types of subject lines and why they work
- The Top 5 subject lines & examples – both consumer and event examples
Personalisation and who from
- What are the options for who you should send your email from?
- Should you personalise emails — do they get an increased open rate?
Analysing the results of your email campaign
- What to measure and when
- Defining your goals and objective setting
- Benchmarking your results
- List hygiene, DPA, privacy and trust
- The importance of testing
- The importance of targeting
All marketing professionals who are involved or responsible for email marketing campaigns and are looking to improve the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns.
To pay by cheque or bank transfer, use our registration form.
To pay by credit card for the course, please use the form below.
19 April 2018
One day: 09:00–17:00
£595 plus VAT for all commercial companies
£545 plus VAT for not-for-profit organisations
The course covered a lot, the pre-course questionnaire helped us get more out of it, good range of learning techniques used. There were lots of useful example of different ypes of emails and reviewing our own helped take back actionable feedback. Caroline was personable, lively, engaging, knowledgeable – FAB!
hank you so much to Caroline — we thoroughly enjoyed the email marketing course and learnt heaps of new techniques. Worth the travel from Wales to London!
Caroline was an excellent trainer, she was happy to take all my questions, which helped me relate very specifically.
The course was really good — lots of practical examples. Good balance of learning and exercises. The trainer was very good at engaging with the group