Social media for conferences and eventsHow to use social media to build, engage and grow your conference and event communities
Our Social Media for conferences and events course for the publishing, events and media business is designed to help teams get the most out of their social media efforts.
Marketing, content, editorial and sales teams get practical and tailored advice on how to pick the right channels, increase awareness of their (personal) brands, engage audiences and track the right metrics. It covers the latest insights on how to beat the algorithms, create and repurpose brilliant content and provide an overview on helpful social media tools.
The definition, evolution and purpose of social media
- Definition of social media – are events the original social media?
- Potted history – generally and for events
- Purpose of social media – branding, to drive traffic to your website and to build data organically
Creating a social media strategy that works with other communications tools and channels
- Setting social media objectives and creating your social media strategy – per sector, per brand and per event
- The different social media channels and how to choose the right channels for your event
- Joining up your social media channels with each other and other media/channels
- Knowing your audience: where to find and how to engage them
How to use social media to build your event brand, your communities and a 365 presence
- How to use social media to build brand awareness, brand understanding and brand engagement with various event stakeholders
- The importance of social media profiles and top tips to optimise them
- How to use social media to build year-round communities and engagement with your event attendees and stakeholders
- How different functions (production, marketing, sponsorship sales, delegate sales and customer services) should use social media in their day-to-day working lives
Practical guidelines on the day-to-day use of social media
- The event timeline: best use of social media before, during and after an event
- Paid opportunities and budget spend?
- GDPR considerations
- How to measure social media effectiveness and ROI for events
All attendees who complete the course satisfactorily, will receive a certificate.
Who should attend?
This is a must attend course for anyone wanting to stay up-to-date with the latest in conference marketing and social media and reap the benefits of having a two-way conversation, 24/7 with their target market.
Follow us on:
Companies that invest in employee training enjoy 24% higher profit margin versus companies who don’t.
Join our mailing list to hear about new course dates and special offers
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Good course, covered all aspects of business development. Very good trainer – he understands the event business well.
Head of Tax Conferences
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Overall, a very well run course, addressing specific questions by the attendees. Informative and enjoyable!