Social media for conferences and eventsHow to use social media to build, engage and grow your conference and event communities
Our Social Media for conferences and events course focuses on the specific opportunities for conferences and events presented by social media tools and how they should be practically used to build brand awareness, brand understanding and engage event audiences. It examines how to create and evolve communities and harness and develop them into live conference participants without jeopardising relationships.
Social media forms & tools are explained and assessed, and their relevance to conferences and events evaluated. You will also learn how to set social media objectives, integrate social channels with content marketing and traditional marketing channels, and measure ROI on your efforts.
The definition, evolution and purpose of social media
- Definition of social media – are events the original social media?
- Potted history – generally and for events
- Purpose of social media – branding, to drive traffic to your website and to build data organically
Creating a social media strategy that works with other communications tools and channels
- Setting social media objectives and creating your social media strategy – per sector, per brand and per event
- Agency v In-house?
- The different social media channels and how to choose the right channels for your event
- Joining up your social media channels with each other and other media/channels
How to use social media to build your event brand, your communities and a 365 presence
- How to use social media to build brand awareness, brand understanding and brand engagement with various event stakeholders
- The importance of social media profiles and top tips to optimise them
- How to use social media to build year-round communities and engagement with your event attendees and stakeholders
- How different functions (production, marketing, sponsorship sales, delegate sales and customer services) should use social media in their day-to-day working lives
Practical guidelines on the day-to-day use of social media
- The event timeline: best use of social media before, during and after an event
- Paid opportunities and budget spend?
- GDPR considerations
- How to measure social media effectiveness and ROI for events
Next public course:
Call for dates
98% of delegates would recommend our courses
Who should attend?
This is a must attend course for anyone wanting to stay up-to-date with the latest in conference marketing and social media and reap the benefits of having a two-way conversation, 24/7 with their target market. Each attendee will receive a copy of the bespoke white paper Using online technology and social media for promoting events, the only such document which focuses on the opportunities and practical solutions for conferences using social media.
Call for dates
£595 plus VAT for all commercial companies
£545 plus VAT for not-for-profit organisations
One day: 09:00–17:00
Follow us on:
Companies that invest in employee training enjoy 24% higher profit margin versus companies who don’t.
Join our mailing list to hear about new course dates and special offers
Prior to launching your social media strategy, I would highly recommend taking this 1 day intensive social media workshop. It covers everything from mapping your business goals, understanding your resourcing requirements, to creating the nuts and bolts of any successful social media campaign: choosing the right platform and creating must-read content!
Head of Marketing — Food Portfolio, UBM
I attended the (Media House) Social Media in Marketing course last week. From knowing relatively little about the topic at the start of the day, the trainer’s in-depth knowledge of the subject and real-life case studies helped me to focus in on the key priorities to be addressed and assess the potential outcomes of different strategies. The trainer has a relaxed teaching style which encourages discussion and questions around the topic. Thanks for a great course, I would definitely attend a future course.