Maximising profit through large-scale events
Creating and building LSEs that dominate a market and generate maximum revenue
With large-scale events being identified as the future for many conference and event companies, having strategies in place to build and develop these events and move away from small local conferences is essential.
Scaling up is daunting but the benefits of increased profitability, cost and time efficiencies, increased market penetration, brand and reputation as market leaders are key factors for sustainability.
But how do you know which of your products to scale up and when? How do you continue to grow the size and profitability of your conferences once they become LSEs? And now that you have reached pole position, how do you ensure you stay there?
This one-day course will take you through the processes required to make the right strategic decisions at the right time to scaling up. Training is delivered through current case studies, interactive exercises, research techniques and the latest industry thinking.
14 February 2019
NEW UPDATED COURSE
We’re offering a £100 discount on all 2019 courses if you book by 31 January 2019! Use promo code 2019PROMO when booking.
40% of employees with poor training leave their jobs within the first year.
- Choosing an appropriate growth model for your business
- Scaling up existing small events
- Growing existing LSEs
- Launching an LSE from scratch
- Achieving world domination
How and when to scale up or launch – tools and research for success
- Knowing your market, knowing the competition
- Research tools and feasibility studies
- The go/no go decision
- Have you got the right resources to build world-class LSEs?
- The LSE timeline
The financials and profitability
- Setting budgets and understanding cost implications of different models
- A look at different fee models
- Choosing appropriate KPIs to monitor success factors
Product development and building the value proposition
- Content: keeping it relevant, keeping control
- How can content be monetised?
- Concurrent sessions, workshops, add-ons
- Building in key networking opportunities: ensuring people meet who they want to meet
- Innovative new models: how can we inspire, inform, entertain and connect?
- Trouble shooting: what are the main threats to your LSE? How can you respond?
Key partnerships crucial to your LSE success
- Developing strategic sponsorship propositions
- Partnerships with other key stakeholders
- The bigger picture: becoming a part of your target industry
Best show in town! But it’s not over yet…
- Making the best use of event content
- Building your 365 customer engagement plan
Kate is a results-driven leader with global experience launching, developing and growing world leading portfolios of B2B events. She has extensive experience in new product development, market insight and analysis, effective content creation and customer engagement to generate large-scale, highly profitable commercial events.Kate’s expertise includes identifying, disseminating and implementing innovations and best practice processes to drive a culture of excellence and continuous improvement. Specialist areas include:
- Growth strategy; taking good events and making them into world leaders
- Setting up and implementing effective processes to increase efficiency and profitability and rapidly spread best practice
- Training and mentoring content and production teams
- Quality control and improvement
- Customer engagement to develop new products and revenue streams
- Rapid geo-cloning
Kate has a first class degree from Oxford and was the winner of the Informa Global Employee of the Year Award. Kate now delivers inspiring training courses for The Media House.
To pay by credit card for the 14 February 2019 course, please use the form below.
14 February 2019
11 June 2019
26 November 2019
One day: 09:00–17:00
£595 plus VAT for all commercial companies
£545 plus VAT for not-for-profit organisations
What was the most valuable part of the training course for you? All of it!
I think I actually stayed focused for the whole day! Excellent delivery and pace.
5/5 Great information, excellent trainer. Really useful information on fees and pricing.
Fantastic energy, clear and precise.