Mastering the essentials of conference productionIdentify and address the 7 biggest challenges facing producers today in this condensed two-day agenda designed to inspire, reignite passion, release creativity and hit deadlines
Today’s conference producer faces more challenges than ever before, both within and outside their organisations. The producer must rapidly master new markets as well as the mechanics of production — research, writing, analytics and marketing — all while building and preserving relationships with internal and external partners. By attending this two day master class on conference production, you will be able to find solutions to the key pinch-points in the production process. Using winning case studies from the Conference Awards, producers will learn best practice through real case studies and examples.
Industry context: the changing role and responsibilities of the event producer
- Producing within a matrix organisation – what are you really in charge of?
- Working within a brand environment
- Gaining buy-in by demonstrating authority
Conducting research to develop timely content
- Setting realistic targets for desk and phone research
- Multi-tasking — integrating your research targets with related functions
- Comparing ‘organic’ and ‘one-off’ programme development
Formats for events and sessions/Add-Ons
- Comparing production cycles for LSE, Annual, Stage 1, Roundtables
- Choosing the right format for the content: talk, panel, interview, discussion
- Developing creative (and profitable) add-ons
Writing compelling event and talk titles
- Brands vs. titles vs. straplines — what are they for?
- The conference producer’s play-book: tried and tested titles
- Sub-points and why they matter
Building your network through social media
- Managing your LinkedIn profile
- Who’s using Twitter and why?
- It’s all about relationships — spending the time with key people
Speaker selection, invitation, and liaison
- Setting targets for speakers by seniority, industry, geography, etc
- Managing the inviting phase to ensure deadlines are met
- On-going management of the relationship — what can/should you delegate
Managing Sponsors and Sponsorship
- Working within your company ‘rules’
- Ensuring the best possible outcome for your delegates
- Managing the sponsorship team’s expectations
Communicating your vision through copywriting and marketing
- What you need to know about event marketing today
- Writing compelling copy for website and emails
- Briefing and re-briefing sales teams
Balancing priorities and managing deadlines
- Agreeing realistic KPIs
- Planning your day/week/month
- Work-life balance and keeping sane
3-4 July 2019
Who should attend?
This course is for new commercial conference producers who are looking to have greater know-how and expertise in producing conferences. It is also very relevant for event managers and producers at associations, corporations and charities who are looking to make the content of their conferences more market focused, timely and relevant.
3-4 July 2019
4-5 November 2019
£795 plus VAT for all commercial companies
£695 plus VAT for not-for-profit organisations
Two days: 09:00–17:00
3-4 July 2019
etc.venues — The Hatton
51-53 Hatton Garden, London EC1N 8HN
44% of employees say a lack of career growth and advancement opportunities is their top source of stress.
It was a great course and I have come away with lots of useful information. It was great to have such a diverse group of attendees too, we all had a lot to share.
Events Specialist, RNCi
The training was so helpful, I just wish I was sent to you guys months ago.
Junior Content Producer Food & Science, Russell Publishing
The course was relevant, engaging and led by a great, solution-focused trainer. It helped that she has experienced all the things she is “teaching” about. I enjoyed the exercises which were short and to the point. I feel much more prepared to research my next conference more thoroughly and have learnt and will apply a more structured approach.
I cannot wait to implement what I have learnt. The trainer is excellent, very knowledgeable and animated. Inspiring.
Conference Manager, StocExpo Ltd
Very useful framework provided for me to hang my experience on.
Seminar Manager, Euromoney