Public speaking for event professionalsPublic speaking is a skill which every event professional should have to advance and develop their career
Public Speaking for conferences and events has been designed specifically for event professionals if you want to:
- Feel confident and enjoy speaking at events and in front of colleagues
- Become an excellent communicator and learn to speak with genuine, easy confidence and poise
- Speak easily and creatively, without notes
- Remain composed and think clearly even under pressure
- Get your message across powerfully and effectively in all situations
Attend this course and discover the right techniques to help you as an event professional, become a confident and effective public speaker.
The growing importance & value of public speaking skills for event professionals
- Why public speaking skills are becoming more critical for event professionals
- Changing how we approach public speaking – learning to see public speaking as an opportunity rather than a threat!
(warm up speaking exercises)
Techniques for managing nerves
- Tips on how to combat the physical symptoms of nerves
- Strategies for building confidence and overcoming imposter syndrome
Key presenting techniques
- Body language and voice techniques to engage your audience
- Dos and don’ts when presenting
- Presentation content and signposting
- Tips for using visual aids effectively
- Creating impact: storytelling and other techniques that engage the emotional brain
Communication skills for meetings and networking events
- Effectively leading a team meeting
- Etiquette for leading a conference call
- Tips on networking
Continuing to develop your confidence in public speaking
- Goal-setting activity: using public speaking to help grow your role/event/organisation
- Ideas for where you can practise presenting in a safe space
All attendees who complete the course satisfactorily, will receive a certificate.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who needs more confidence or polish in public speaking – whether it be in meetings, presentations or at events.
Follow us on:
Studies prove that employees who experience regular training are:
- more invested in the success of the business and its goals & more LOYAL
- better performers & increased in confidence leading to IMPROVED RESULTS
Join our mailing list to hear about new course dates and special offers
A recent in-house training session at Exile Group
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Carrie was an amazing trainer. She provided useful feedback throughout the day on our presentations, and has given me great tips on how to portray myself with more confidence and gravitas! Thank you!
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Carrie’s story and experience were the perfect fit for our events company. Coming from a producer background, she knows how fast-paced the event industry is; we need to learn our market and be confident about it in front of our clients. When it comes to presenting now, I hope to have more gravitas, more pauses and fewer filler words!
Events Marketing Executive
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Good course, covered all aspects of business development. Very good trainer – he understands the event business well.
Head of Tax Conferences
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Overall, a very well run course, addressing specific questions by the attendees. Informative and enjoyable!