Public speaking for event professionalsPublic speaking is a skill which every event professional should have to advance and develop their career
Public Speaking for conferences and events has been designed specifically for event professionals if you want to:
- Feel confident and enjoy speaking at events and in front of colleagues
- Become an excellent communicator and learn to speak with genuine, easy confidence and pose
- Speak easily and creatively, without notes
- Remain composed and think clearly even under pressure
- Get your message across powerfully and effectively in all situations
Attend this course and discover the right techniques to help you as an event professional, become a confident and effective public speaker.
The growing importance & value of public speaking skills for event professionals
- Why public speaking skills are becoming more critical for event professionals
- Changing how we approach public speaking – learning to see public speaking as an opportunity rather than a threat!
(warm up speaking exercises)
Techniques for managing nerves
- Tips on how to combat the physical symptoms of nerves
- Strategies for building confidence and overcoming imposter syndrome
Key presenting techniques
- Body language and voice techniques to engage your audience
- Dos and don’ts when presenting
- Presentation content and signposting
- Tips for using visual aids effectively
- Creating impact: storytelling and other techniques that engage the emotional brain
Communication skills for meetings and networking events
- Effectively leading a team meeting
- Etiquette for leading a conference call
- Tips on networking
Continuing to develop your confidence in public speaking
- Goal-setting activity: using public speaking to help grow your role/event/organisation
- Ideas for where you can practise presenting in a safe space
95% of our delegates would recommend our courses
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who needs more confidence or polish in public speaking – whether it be in meetings, presentations or at events.
One day: 09:00–17:00
Where and when?
This course is run as an in-house programme. Please call +44 (0)208 374 1712 if you would like further information.
Follow us on:
Studies prove that employees who experience regular training are:
- more invested in the success of the business and its goals & more LOYAL
- better performers & increased in confidence leading to IMPROVED RESULTS
At the beginning of the day I rated my public speaking confidence level a 2 out of 10, and by the end I was a 7. The trainer was excellent, I think she is born to do it. She’s got a very positive vibe and this increased the energy levels in the room.
I can honestly say that in 12 years, this is the best training I have ever received. The trainer was inspirational, and I am, for the first, time working towards overcoming my fear of public speaking; I can truly see a light at the end of the tunnel… If I had received this kind of help when I was young, I don’t believe I would have carried my phobia around with me for my adult working life. I can’t recommend Carrie highly enough.
St Dominics College
95% of attendees recommend our courses