Write brilliant sales proposals for conferences, exhibitions and eventsWin business with effective, solution-focused event sales proposals
The Media House Sales Proposal writing course has been developed to help event sales professionals successfully manage the proposal writing process, from initial contact with a potential sponsor through to the preparation and delivery of a winning sales proposal.
Special course feature:
All course attendees will have their sales proposals reviewed before the course and given 1:1 feedback on the proposals during the course.
Preparation, Preparation, Preparation!
- Knowing what research is needed to prepare for great proposal writing
- Who, what and where – gathering the right information
The importance of a targeted and bespoke sales proposal
- Understanding the value of the sales proposal to you and to the prospect
- Understanding and delivering on customer expectations
- Top tips and techniques from real life examples – what works and what doesn’t?
Getting the structure right!
- How to structure great sales proposals
- The importance of matching your proposal to the prospect’s objectives, values and requirements
- Building a persuasive structure
- Getting your key sales messages across
- How long and detailed should an ideal sales proposal be?
Making your proposal a compelling and persuasive proposition
- Selling Benefits – How do we position our offering most effectively?
- Choosing the right words to sell effectively
- Selecting the right content and information for your proposal
- Ensuring your proposal is well written, clear, concise and error free
Using supporting graphics and other value add-ons to support your proposal
- The importance of visual layout, format and appearance
- Using tables, summaries and other supporting material to add weight to your proposal
- Using graphics to persuade and draw clients into the proposal
Following through on the sale – the next steps
- The follow up to the proposal
- How to manage the outcome of the proposal process through negotiation and objection handling
- Closing the business
The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60-70%. The probability of selling to a new prospect is 5-20%.
Who should attend?
All Sales professionals in conferences, exhibitions and events who need to write proposals. This course is suitable for those new to sales as well as those who have a number of years experience but think they could generate more business with better prepared, targeted and structured sales proposals.
One day: 09:00–17:00
Where and when?
This course is run as an in-house programme. Please call +44 (0)208 374 1712 if you would like further information.
Follow us on:
Studies prove that employees who experience regular training are:
- more invested in the success of the business and its goals & more LOYAL
- better performers & increased in confidence leading to IMPROVED RESULTS
I thoroughly enjoyed this course; I thought the trainer, venue and organization was superb.
James and I are demonstrating a renewed energy and vigour in our efforts to sell sponsorships for our events.
Director of Conference Sponsorship, Financial News
95% of attendees recommend our courses