Effective selling in a competitive marketEssential tools and techniques to ensure that your sales proposition is better than all known alternatives
The trend of increasingly intense competition means that selling effectively has become much more difficult and demanding than ever before. You cannot assume you will remain successful simply by doing the same things that have worked for you in the past. If you want to stop losing sales to your competition then it is imperative that you sharpen your competitive selling skills.
This course covers the simple but effective ways in which you can persuade your clients that your proposition is the best solution to their needs and has greater value than the competition. It is an interactive workshop at the end of which everyone will have a usable framework for competitor analysis and value-based, competitive selling.
- Defining competition
- Assessing the customer’s view of alternative actions
- The impact of competition on an organisation
Analysing your market:
- Who are your competitors, and how do your chances of getting the business compare with theirs?
- How and what do your clients think of possible suppliers, including you?
- The importance of differentiation and creating a strong value proposition
- Discovering and understanding the client’s buying processes
The evaluation process – how to ensure you get into pole position, and stay there:
- Evaluating and strengthening your competitive position
- Determining the actions which have the most positive impact on the client’s acceptance of your sales proposition
- Reviewing your position with your client relative to your competition
- What to do if your competitor is in pole position
Adapting your selling style to make your proposition more compelling than others’:
- Being clear on your client’s expectations
- Modern selling, and how it has evolved over the last five years
- Being aware of the sales skills which allow you to differentiate yourself from other salespeople
Other factors which have an impact on sales success:
- Understanding the effect of relative pricing and its impact on perceived value
- How to get the most out generic and specific marketing tools for each prospective sale
- The importance of service and added value
All attendees who complete the course satisfactorily, will receive a certificate.
Who should attend?
With increasingly competitive markets, this is relevant for all levels of sales professionals, whether you are new to sales or experienced you will benefit from the blend of strategy and practical case studies.
Follow us on:
Studies prove that employees who experience regular training are:
- more invested in the success of the business and its goals & more LOYAL
- better performers & increased in confidence leading to IMPROVED RESULTS
Join our mailing list to hear about new course dates and special offers
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Thanks for organising the first-rate course that I attended on Thursday. The speaker was excellent and inspirational.
96% of attendees recommend our courses