Negotiation sales skills for eventsImprove your average order value and hit more targets through better negotiation
Negotiation can be an emotional business. The actual principles of negotiation are relatively straightforward, but where a deal often breaks down is when the benefits to each organisation are overshadowed by a worsening relationship between parties during the critical negotiation phase. Instead, a successfully negotiated solution which has clear benefits for all parties, will lead to the type of strong, long-term business relationship which underpins an organisation’s growth.
During this one-day course on negotiation sales we ensure that course participants have a very clear understanding of the skills of a good negotiator. We then concentrate on preparing people to deal with the myriad of obstacles which can get in the way of a profitable deal for all involved, particularly those arising when egos get in the way, and how to counter the tactics used by skilled negotiators — and the sometimes baffling behaviours exhibited by people who don’t follow the rules.
It only needs a small improvement in negotiation performance to add considerable sums of money to the bottom line!
The key principles of profitable negotiation
- Where does selling end and negotiation start?
- The main variables present in a negotiation
- Competitive v co-operative negotiation
Behaviours of successful negotiators
- How people learn to negotiate
- Negotiating states of mind and natural instincts
- Dealing with various personalities and combating extreme behaviours
- The importance of trust and how to build it
- Persuasion through excellent communication
The negotiation in practice
- Researching a potential sponsor, its market and its customers
- Developing sales angles
- Identifying the decision makers and influencers
- The critical opening period and how to make it mutually rewarding
- Bargaining strategies and the concept of trading
- Perceptions of win-win
- The impasse and how to break it without conceding
- How to use them and deal with them
- Recognising the signs of being outmanoeuvred
All attendees who complete the course satisfactorily, will receive a certificate.
Who should attend?
With negotiation being a critical part of all sales, this course will benefit sales professionals at all levels, but is ideal for sales executives and sales managers.
Follow us on:
THINK TRAINING »
» DELIVER GROWTH
Rethink your training pathways and deliver better results for your business
Join our mailing list to hear about new course dates and special offers
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The feedback has been very positive about the trainer and the content and genuinely new ideas were discussed.
96% of attendees recommend our courses