Sales planning for conferences and events
Creating effective sales plans to maximise revenue generation
A specialist in-house training course
Every successful business plans its future direction – it just doesn’t happen purely by accident. Similarly, the best salespeople create meaningful plans of activity which are not only fully in tune with the overall objectives of the business but which also reflect a comprehensive understanding of the dynamics of their markets. The result is a guide which ensures that they maximise their time spent on doing things which bring in the most revenue.
This one-day course focuses on the components of an effective sales plan, from the initial analysis of a market to the monitoring and revision of an active plan. By the end of the course, participants will be fully au fait with the latest planning methods and will take away a clear structure which they can put to work immediately.
The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60-70%. The probability of selling to a new prospect is 5-20%.
This course is run as an
in-house programme. Please call +44 (0)208 374 1712 if you would like further information.
- The benefits of planning, and what happens when we don’t
- Who does the plan affect?
Starting to plan
- The components of an effective sales plan
- Setting meaningful objectives
- The planning process
- Planning tools and models
- Creative thinking, testing ideas
- Determining the type and extent of organisational support required
- Problems to overcome when planning
- Defining the market and prioritising its sectors
- Running a gap analysis report
- Understanding competitive position
- Establishing accurate metrics to determine activity levels
The plan in action
- Measuring progress – how and when to revise plans
- Creating accurate forecasting systems
- Reporting progress to stakeholders, managing up
This course is ideal for all sales professionals who want to use their time more effectively. With the focus on direction and quantity of sales effort this course is ideal for all levels of sales professionals looking to increase their productivity.
This course is only run as an in-house course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
When and where?
This course is run as an in-house programme. Please call +44 (0)208 374 1712 if you would like further information.
One day: 09:00–17:00
Find out more about in-house training
James and I are demonstrating a renewed energy and vigour in our efforts to sell sponsorships for our events.