Sponsorship sales for in-person, online and hybrid eventsMaximise sponsorship sales in the new age of events
If you are grappling with how to drive your sponsorship revenue as you restart in-person events, this is the course for you.
With cautious clients, uncertain audience numbers, new competitors and a building stampede to restart, it is vital that you stand out to your customers as a compelling route to generating market leading results.
This course will equip you with the skills you need to quickly create and price compelling hybrid event solutions, find the right purpose for your online events, and confidently demonstrate to your clients that you can connect them with their target customers.
The 3-module course includes examples and exercises to ensure maximum learning which is relevant to your sales and business.
7 vital takeaways from attending this course:
- Clearly differentiate your products from the rest of the market
- Demonstrate the value of your hybrid events and set the right price
- Create repeatable processes that give your clients confidence to commit
- Avoid the biggest mistake salespeople make when selling hybrid and virtual events
- Discover the best ways to keep control of the sales process
- Benefit from having a toolkit on objection handling for hybrid and virtual events
- Learn new ideas to deliver ROI and value for your sponsors, so they can’t wait to book again
Session 1: It starts with your audience | 9am–11am (GMT)
- Why is it vital to put the audience first?
- What are the main formats, and how do they work?
- Which formats work best for which audiences?
- What are the best ways for sponsors to get involved and achieve ROI?
Session 2: How to help your clients buy your in-person, hybrid and online events | 9am–11am (GMT)
- What sales approach works best in today’s environment?
- What does the sales process look like for new hybrid and online events?
- How can you shift your client’s perspectives about new solutions?
- What results are sponsors looking for today, and how can you help?
- What the best ways to keep control of the sales process?
- Collaborating with your sponsors to get their buy-in, and stopping deals getting derailed
Session 3: Perfect pricing and closing the deal | 9am–11am (GMT)
- How to show the value of your events and set the right price
- What stops event deals from happening, and how can you overcome that?
- How can you build exciting and valuable event packages?
- The best ways to build urgency and speed up decisions
- Delivering value for your sponsors, so they can’t wait to come back
Sam was excellent throughout the course. He has an engaging approach and points people in a direction rather than forcing an opinion on participants. He asks challenging questions which draws out peoples own experiences and knowledge and guides them to reach their own conclusions. Most importantly, Sam’s sessions were outcome orientated. I believe these sessions will be the basis for a change in approach across our sales teams.
I really enjoyed this course which challenged us to review virtual event planning in terms of the current needs and concerns of our suppliers and audience. The course went into a lot of detail regarding sponsorship pricing and closing deals which was extremely useful to benchmark ourselves against. But perhaps the best bit was being able to compare and share experiences with other event industry professionals who are going through the same thought processes at this unusual time.
Next online course:
1 + 2 + 3 March 2022
9am to 11am (GMT)
£395 (+ VAT) for all commercial companies
£295 (+ VAT) for not-for-profit organisations
Post-course 1:1 follow-up
If after attending the training course, you would like to discuss particular areas relevant to you with the trainer, you can book a one hour 1:1 consultation, cost £195 (+ VAT). Book a follow-up consultation here.
All attendees who complete the course satisfactorily, will receive a certificate.
Who should attend?
All event professionals responsible for pricing and selling hybrid and virtual events including
- Event Directors
- Event Managers
- Sales / Commercial Directors
- Sales / Commercial Managers
- Sales / Commercial Executives
All times GMT
1 March: 9am — 11am
2 March: 9am — 11am
3 March: 9am — 11am
Follow us on:
Employees want more training — of almost 4,300 workers, a massive 74% felt they weren’t achieving their full potential at work.
The course was great! The trainer was very responsive to enquiries and the breakout rooms allowed us to network and interact with each other. Best online course I’ve done so far.
Join our mailing list to hear about new course dates and special offers
Fantastic! the whole course was great, I learnt a lot from both the trainer and the other delegates.
Advertising and Sponsorship Manager, Corporate Jet Investor
I found the training your team ran for me in December really productive and effective.
Group Events Director, Wilmington Healthcare
5/5; gave a good balance between content presentation and group discussion.
Key Account manager, Comexposium
5/5 — thoroughly enjoyable course! The trainer was very approachable and engaging, I was shown new perspectives I hadn’t considered about the sponsor’s mindset.
Client Liaison Executive, International Bar Association
5/5 — The most valuable part of the day for me was benchmarketing my sales approach with the trainer and the other participants
Senior Manager – Event Sales, IDC
95% of attendees recommend our courses
5/5; the trainer was very engaging, articulate and interesting. He went at a good pace and was easy to understand.
Membership and Events Exec, ABPI
4/5 — the trainer was excellent, overall it was a very good course and the trainer was very knowledgable
Senior Manager – Event Sales, IDC