Maximise sponsorship sales for conferences and events
Essential tools and techniques for all those involved in developing and selling sponsorship opportunities and solutions at all levels
Sponsorship sales revenue is a vital part of the revenue mix for all events but, with budget conscious clients, you need to demonstrate an even greater understanding of not only your clients and their and objectives, but also how to use sponsorship effectively. This course takes you through the evolution of sponsorship in recent years, covers how to put together creative sponsorship packages and summarise in a powerful written proposal, and looks at the most successful sales methods, including dealing with objections, particularly over pricing and timing.
Maximise Sponsorship Sales training will also deal with the thorny issue of Return on Investment, and how to ensure that clients are clear on how to measure the results of their involvement in your events, using it to strengthen your relationships in the long term. There will be case studies and activities to ensure you get real practical benefit from the day, giving you specific sponsorship tools to use as soon as you are back in the office.
3 April 2019
The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60-70%. The probability of selling to a new prospect is 5-20%.
Employees want more training — of almost 4,300 workers, a massive 74% felt they weren’t achieving their full potential at work.
- What is it? What does it do?
- Examining the latest sponsorship trends
Exploring the sponsor’s mindset — seeing it from the sponsor’s perspective:
- Defining the different objectives of event sponsorship for different clients and understanding the implications for you
- Exploring the integrated marketing mix and sponsorship’s position within it
- The importance of preparation — knowing your strengths and your competitive position
- Top tips for understanding a client’s rationale and its decision making process
From sponsorship to partnership:
- Conceiving, building and defining the strategic value proposition
- Integrating added value to form partnership based relationships
Developing creative sponsorship packages:
- Alternatives to the standard platinum, gold and silver packages, and the importance of differentiation
- Conceiving and communicating creative ideas to enhance the value proposition
- Adding meaningful value to the client’s sponsorship experience
Enhancing the effectiveness of the sponsorship sales process:
- Communicating strategically — key phrases, words and methodology to engage and work with sponsors on a strategic basis
- Engaging closely with prospects, and dealing with common objections
- Using social media to open doors to prospective sponsors
- Developing long-term, profitable relationships with sponsors
- Structuring a successful proposal — best practice proposal writing and presentation
Exploring Return On Investment and Return On Objectives and what it means to sponsors:
- Definitions and methods of analysis
- Clarifying the difference between ROI and ROO, and the implications for you and your clients
- Managing ROI and ROO requirements of different stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of an event
This course is designed for sales and event professionals who are looking to extend their sales skills and develop long-term profitable sponsorship sales relationships. This course is relevant for all conference and event professionals whether you are in conferences, large scale events, exhibitions, associations or charities.
To pay by cheque or bank transfer, use our registration form.
To book for the 3 April 2019 course, use the form below.
3 April 2019
9 July 2019
13 November 2019
One day: 09:00–17:00
£595 plus VAT for all commercial companies
£545 plus VAT for not-for-profit organisations
Fantastic! the whole course was great, I learnt a lot from both the trainer and the other delegates.
5/5 — thoroughly enjoyable course! The trainer was very approachable and engaging, I was shown new perspectives I hadn’t considered about the sponsor’s mindset.
I found the training your team ran for me in December really productive and effective.Fiona Miller
5/5 — The most valuable part of the day for me was benchmarketing my sales approach with Sanjay and the other participants
4/5 — Sanjay was excellent, overall it was a very good course and the trainer was very knowledgable
5/5 for Sanjay; He gave a good balance between content presentation and group discussion.
5/5 for Sanjay; He was very engaging, articulate and interesting. He went at a good pace and was easy to understand.