Maximise sponsorship sales for conferences & eventsEssential tools and techniques for all those involved in developing and selling sponsorship opportunities and solutions at all levels
Sponsorship revenue is a vital part of the revenue mix for all events but, with budget conscious clients, you need to demonstrate an even greater understanding of not only your clients and their objectives, but also how to use sponsorship effectively. Maximise Sponsorship Sales takes you through the evolution of sponsorship in recent years, covers how to put together creative sponsorship packages and summarise in a powerful written proposal, and looks at the most successful sales methods, including dealing with objections, particularly over pricing and timing.
The course will also deal with the thorny issue of Return on Investment, and how to ensure that clients are clear on how to measure the results of their involvement in your events, using it to strengthen your relationships in the long term.
Using Zoom, each of the three sessions will involve pre- and post-course work, live polling and small group discussions, and regular Q&As.
Online course outline
Session 1 | 10am-12pm
Understanding modern sponsorship:
- What is it, what does it do, and how are companies using it?
- Examining the latest sponsorship developments and trends
Exploring the sponsor’s mindset — seeing it from the sponsor’s perspective:
- Defining the different objectives of event sponsorship for different clients, and understanding the implications for you
- The importance of preparation — knowing your strengths and your competitive position
- Top tips for understanding the client’s rationale and their decision making process
From sponsorship to partnership:
- Creating a compelling, strategic value proposition
- Standing out in a competitive market
- Integrating added value to form partnership-based relationships
Session 2 | 10am-12.30pm
Enhancing the effectiveness of the sponsorship sales process
- Outstanding sponsorship selling — structure, tactics and key phrases
- Dealing with common objections
- Using social media to open doors to prospective sponsors
Developing creative sponsorship packages:
- Alternatives to the standard platinum, gold and silver packages
- Conceiving and communicating creative ideas to enhance the value proposition
- Adding meaningful value to the client’s sponsorship experience
Session 3 | 10am-12pm
The sponsorship sales proposal
- Structuring a successful proposal — best practice proposal writing and presentation
- Understanding how companies evaluate sponsorship proposals
Exploring Return On Investment and Return On Objectives, and what it means to sponsors
- Definitions and methods of analysis
- Clarifying the difference between ROI and ROO, and the implications for you and your clients
- Managing ROI and ROO requirements of different stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of an event
Next online course:
Call for dates
10:00am to 12:00pm
Make the most of extra time you have now, to refocus and improve skills, discover new knowledge and expertise. Our online training course has been structured into three easily managed “chunks” with coursework included.
All attendees who complete the course satisfactorily, will receive a certificate.
£395 (+ VAT) for all commercial companies
£295 (+ VAT) for not-for-profit organisations
Who should attend?
This course is designed for sales and event professionals who are looking to extend their sales skills and develop long-term profitable sponsorship sales relationships. This course is relevant for all conference and event professionals whether you are in conferences, large scale events, exhibitions, associations or charities.
Follow us on:
Employees want more training — of almost 4,300 workers, a massive 74% felt they weren’t achieving their full potential at work.
Join our mailing list to hear about new course dates and special offers
Fantastic! the whole course was great, I learnt a lot from both the trainer and the other delegates.
Advertising and Sponsorship Manager, Corporate Jet Investor
I found the training your team ran for me in December really productive and effective.
Group Events Director, Wilmington Healthcare
5/5 for Sanjay; He gave a good balance between content presentation and group discussion.
Key Account manager, Comexposium
5/5 — thoroughly enjoyable course! The trainer was very approachable and engaging, I was shown new perspectives I hadn’t considered about the sponsor’s mindset.
Client Liaison Executive, International Bar Association
5/5 — The most valuable part of the day for me was benchmarketing my sales approach with Sanjay and the other participants
Senior Manager – Event Sales, IDC
95% of attendees recommend our courses
5/5 for Sanjay; He was very engaging, articulate and interesting. He went at a good pace and was easy to understand.
Membership and Events Exec, ABPI
4/5 — Sanjay was excellent, overall it was a very good course and the trainer was very knowledgable
Senior Manager – Event Sales, IDC