Strategic selling to key accounts for conferences and eventsCreating plans to sell solutions which require approval from multiple decision makers
Selling environments are becoming increasingly complex and, in particular, the difficult trading conditions in recent years has meant that there are now more people involved in making the decision than ever before. Where numerous people are influencing the outcome of a sale, identifying and gaining access to these decision makers is an essential part of a successful strategy.
This one-day course on strategic selling clarifies sales opportunities, allowing people to create a considered and meaningful plan. It helps salespeople identify all the key players in the customer’s organisation, understanding their degree of influence and their reasons for buying, and prompts the discovery of the essential information which allows the sale to go through unopposed. Salespeople will be equipped to evaluate how their proposal fares against the competition and how to differentiate their company by taking advantage of its unique strengths.
Course participants are encouraged to work with actual clients and proposals so that they can take a live plan, developed during the day, back to their office to put immediately into action.
Strategic selling philosophy
- How selling has changed over the years
- Key account selling rules
Strategic selling in practice
- Creating and evaluating the strategic plan
- Gauging the likelihood of a successful outcome
- Identifying the people who have a say in the decision and understanding their level of influence
- Identifying weaknesses in the proposal and turning them into strengths
Strategic The decision makers
- Discovering their reasons for buying
- Clarifying their attitudes towards the proposal and the effect it will have on their personal work environments
- Identifying the people who are preventing a sale being made and creating a plan to counter
Strategic Competitive position
- Knowing how competitive the proposal is
- How to prise business away from the competition
- How to hang on to it once it has been won
The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60-70%. The probability of selling to a new prospect is 5-20%.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for sales executives and managers who are looking to maximise the potential of the key accounts they manage. It is an extremely practical course giving participants skills, techniques and procedures which they can implement immediately.
One day: 09:00–17:00
Where and when?
This course is run as an in-house programme. Please call +44 (0)208 374 1712 if you would like further information.
Follow us on:
Retain your key staff
78% say training & development is the most important workplace policy.