Team building for events
Improve team communication and event profitability
A specialist in-house training course
Conference and events teams often struggle with internal conflict due to competing priorities and KPIs between functions. Departmental priorities, whether they are between sales and marketing, production and operation or with other departments within a company or association, can be misunderstood, creating barriers to progress and impacting event profitability. This bespoke and highly interactive team building day will help your events department communicate better as a team, as well as operate more effectively (and happily) within a wider group to deliver more profitable events.
Improving event team communication
- Developing self-awareness — understanding how your personality type impacts how you communicate in work
- Getting to know your team mates — recognising each other’s ‘maps’ of the business and identifying whose map you are missing information on
- Understanding how conflict arises — taking responsibility for how others respond to you to improve team work
- Overcoming cultural differences when working together
- Creating a Team Values Statement — agreeing a way forward on how to communicate as a team
Communicating outside of the events team
- Building credibility for the events team or your department within your organisation
- Achieving more autonomy to remove bottle necks and increase event profitability
Achieving event team alignment on work processes
- Clarity check on job descriptions and KPIs
- Getting aligned on event time frames, approval processes, and templates that support streamlined event production
- Agreeing key goals and priorities for the coming months
Team discussions on key current issues
The final part of the day focuses on resolving any team issues with an outside Events Consultant who will mediate discussions and create action plans to help move the business forward.
This course is for the whole event team — all levels of seniority and all event functions.
This course is only run as an in-house course, please contact email@example.com for further information.
When and where?
This course is run as an
in-house programme. Please call +44 (0)208 374 1712 if you would like further information.
One day: 09:00–17:00
Find out more about in-house training
Thanks for organising the first-rate course that I attended on Thursday. The speaker was excellent and inspirational.