Terms and conditions
For our training delegates
These terms and conditions apply to all training courses delivered by The Media House Ltd (“TMH”), a company registered in England and Wales under number 3445434 whose registered office is Northsyde House, 35 Coolhurst Road, London N8 8ET, England. Please read them carefully as they contain important information. By booking a course you agree to be bound by these terms to the exclusion of all other terms.
- Your course booking is a binding contract once you have received written confirmation of the date of the training. You should contact TMH if you have not received confirmation within 5 days of your training course. TMH reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse to accept your course booking.
- Payment for the Training Course must be received in full and in cleared funds by TMH from you in accordance with TMH’s payment terms from time to time in force but in any event not later than 48 hours before the Training Course. If payment in full is not received before the Training Course, TMH may (at its sole discretion) refuse to run the training course. All discounts can only be applied at the time of course booking and discounts cannot be combined. All discounts are subject to TMH’s approval.
- Prices for each Training Course are correct at the time of written confirmation. TMH reserves the right to change the prices at any time but changes will not affect bookings which have already been confirmed by TMH.
- It is the intent of the parties that TMH will receive payment net of all applicable taxes, including without limitation, sales, VAT, service or withholding taxes (“Taxes”), all of which shall be paid solely by the Client. If and to the extent that any Taxes are levied upon, or found to be applicable to, the whole or any portion of the payment, the amount of the payment shall be increased by an amount necessary to compensate for the Taxes (including any amount necessary to “gross up” for Taxes levied on the increase itself).
- If you cancel your registration 30 days or more before the Training Course, TMH shall invoice you, and you shall pay, a sum equivalent to 10% of your registration fee plus VAT. TMH regrets that the full registration fee remains payable in the event that your cancellation is received less than 29 days before the Training Course or if you fail to attend the Training Course. All cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com and received by TMH. In the event that you have paid your registration fee prior to the cancellation, TMH shall (at is sole discretion) deduct the relevant cancellation charge set out in this Condition 6 and refund any balance to you. All fees under this Condition 6 shall be payable within 30 days of the date that such invoice was issued. You acknowledge that the refund of registration fees in accordance with Condition 6 is your sole remedy in respect of any cancellation of your registration by you and all other liability is expressly excluded.
- Substitutions with employees from your organisation are welcome but your request should be submitted in writing and received by TMH no later than 5 days before the start of the Training Course. In all other respects delegate registrations are issued for your personal use only and cannot be shared with any person during the Training Course. You may not purchase registrations as agent for any third party or sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others, or exploit the registration commercially or non-commercially in any way.
- Delegates cancelling 30 days or more before the training will receive a full refund, less 10% of the training fee. Cancellations received between 29 days and 15 days before the training will be entitled to a 50% refund of the training fee. Cancellations received 14 days or less before the training date will receive no refund, a substitute delegate is always welcome. Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute cancellation. If payment has not been made prior to the training, a full charge will still apply. Delegate substitutions can be made at any time. Course date transfers can be made, within 12 months of the original booking, however, if they are 14 days or less before the course, an admin fee of £125 + VAT will apply.
- TMH may (at its sole discretion) change the format, trainers, content, venue location and programme or any other aspect of the Training Course at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure, in each case without liability.
- Where a Force Majeure Event has or may have (in TMH’s sole discretion) an adverse impact on: (i) the ability of TMH to deliver the Training Course or on the planned date; then TMH shall be entitled but not obliged (in its sole discretion) to: reschedule the Training Course. Any of your fees received by TMH shall be applied to any rearranged or rescheduled Training Course held pursuant to this Condition 9 and you shall not be entitled to object to such rearranged or rescheduled Training Course or have any right to claim any compensation in respect thereof. If TMH is unable or elects not to rearrange or reschedule the Training Course pursuant to this Condition 9, then you will (as its sole remedy) be entitled, in your sole discretion, to receive either a refund or credit note in respect of your fees received by TMH, in each case less an administration charge equivalent to 10% per cent of the total amount of your fees (which TMH may (in its sole discretion) either deduct from any refund or credit note or invoice the you separately). For the purpose of this Condition 9 “Force Majeure Event” means any event arising that is beyond the reasonable control of TMH including (without limitation) to trainer or participant cancellation or withdrawal, supplier or contractor failure, venue damage or cancellation, health scares, industrial dispute, governmental regulations or action, military action, fire, flood, disaster, civil riot, acts of terrorism or war. These terms and conditions shall apply in respect of the rearranged or rescheduled Training Course organised by TMH pursuant to this Condition 9.
- To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, TMH shall not be liable to you for any loss, delay, damage or other liability incurred resulting from or arising in connection with the cancellation or the changing of the date of the Training Course howsoever arising or any venue change. You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of conditions 7 and 8 set out your sole remedy should the Training Course be cancelled or the date changed and all other liability of TMH is expressly excluded.
- TMH may (at its sole discretion) refuse admission to, or eject from the Training Course, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of TMH represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Training Course. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by TMH or the venue owners at the Training Course.
- All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited. You consent to filming and sound recording and photography of the Training Course as a delegate and you consent to the use by TMH of any such recording or photography anywhere in the world for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
- The personal information which you provide to us will be held by us on a database. You agree that TMH may share this information with selected third parties in the UK and internationally for direct marketing purposes.
- To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, TMH excludes:
(a) all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Training Course;
(b) all indemnities, warranties, terms and conditions (whether express or implied); and
(c) any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by you or any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss (whether direct or indirect). If TMH is liable to you for any reason, TMH’s total liability to you in relation to the Training Course (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of the registration fees that you paid to TMH.
- TMH reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. However, you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you submit your registration.
- No person other than you and TMH shall have the right (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (the “Act”) or otherwise) to enforce these terms and conditions between us without the prior written agreement of you and TMH.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of the England and Wales and disputes under or in connection with them shall be subject to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.