Terms and conditionsFor our public course training delegates
Our terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to delegate registrations for the public training course (“Public Training Course”) specified on the registration form organised by The Media House Ltd (“TMH”), a company registered in England and Wales under number 3445434 whose registered office is Northsyde House, 35 Coolhurst Road, London N8 8ET, England. Please read them carefully as they contain important information. By submitting your registration you agree to be bound by these terms to the exclusion of all other terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms TMH will be unable to accept your registration.
- Your registration is an offer to TMH to attend a Public Training Course which is subject to TMH’s acceptance in writing (which may include (without limitation) email). A binding contract between TMH and you will only be formed when written confirmation of acceptance (“Confirmation” or “Confirmed”) is sent by TMH to you (whether or not it is received) using the contact details you provided at the time of registration. You should contact TMH if you have not received Confirmation within 5 days of your registration, but in any event if Confirmation is not sent within 14 days of TMH receiving your registration, your registration will be deemed to be accepted unless TMH notify you otherwise. TMH reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse to accept your registration.
- Payment for the Public Training Course must be received in full and in cleared funds by TMH from you in accordance with TMH’s payment terms from time to time in force but in any event not later than 48 hours before the Public Training Course. If payment in full is not received before the Public Training Course, TMH may (at its sole discretion) either require payment as a condition of your entry to the Public Training Course or refuse you entry to the Public Training Course. No refunds of any proportion of fees already paid (if any) will be made and any balance of the fees will remain due and payable where entry to a Public Training Course is refused under this Condition 2.
- All discounts can only be applied at the time of registration and discounts cannot be combined. All discounts are subject to TMH’s approval. Discounts for group registrations are only valid for the number of delegates specified. If the number of delegates that actually attends the Public Training Course is (for any reason) less than the number specified in the registration form, then TMH may (at its sole discretion) change the fees charged to reflect the number of delegates that actually attend the Public Training Course in line with TMH’s published prices then in force. Any additional sums payable to us as a result shall be paid in line with Condition 2.
- Prices for each Public Training Course are correct at the time of publication. TMH reserves the right to change the prices at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by TMH.
- It is the intent of the parties that TMH will receive payment net of all applicable taxes, including without limitation, sales, VAT, service or withholding taxes (“Taxes”), all of which shall be paid solely by the Client. If and to the extent that any Taxes are levied upon, or found to be applicable to, the whole or any portion of the payment, the amount of the payment shall be increased by an amount necessary to compensate for the Taxes (including any amount necessary to “gross up” for Taxes levied on the increase itself).
- If you cancel your registration 30 days or more before the Public Training Course, TMH shall invoice you, and you shall pay, a sum equivalent to 10% of your registration fee plus VAT. TMH regrets that the full registration fee remains payable in the event that your cancellation is received less than 29 days before the Public Training Course or if you fail to attend the Public Training Course. All cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and received by TMH. In the event that you have paid your registration fee prior to the cancellation, TMH shall (at is sole discretion) deduct the relevant cancellation charge set out in this Condition 6 and refund any balance to you. All fees under this Condition 6 shall be payable within 30 days of the date that such invoice was issued. You acknowledge that the refund of registration fees in accordance with Condition 6 is your sole remedy in respect of any cancellation of your registration by you and all other liability is expressly excluded.
- Substitutions with employees from your organisation are welcome but your request should be submitted in writing and received by TMH no later than 5 days before the start of the Public Training Course. In all other respects delegate registrations are issued for your personal use only and cannot be shared with any person during the Public Training Course. You may not purchase registrations as agent for any third party or sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others, or exploit the registration commercially or non-commercially in any way.
- You may transfer your registration for the Public Training Course to an alternative public training course run by TMH provided that such alternative course can be booked immediately by TMH. Transfers will be charged at £125 + VAT per booking, and are subject to availability and to the payment of any additional fees due in respect of the alternative course and to any charges that may apply pursuant to this Clause 8. If you transfer your registration 30 days before the Public Training Course, TMH shall invoice you, and you shall pay, a charge of 10% of your original registration fee. TMH regrets that a charge of 100% of the original registration fee is payable in the event that your transfer request is received less than 29 days before the Public Training Course. All transfer requests must be made in writing to email@example.com and received by TMH. All fees under this Condition 8 shall be received in full and cleared funds by TMH in accordance with TMH’s payment terms from time to time in force and no later than 48 hours before the start of the course you have transferred onto. Transfers are only possible within 12 months of the original booking. You will not be entitled to any refund when you transfer to an alternative course. You may only transfer between courses once. TMH regrets that it cannot accept cancellations once you have transferred to an alternative course and any fees will remain payable in full.
- TMH may (at its sole discretion) change the format, speakers, participants, content, venue location and programme or any other aspect of the Public Training Course at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure, in each case without liability.
- TMH may (at its sole discretion) change the date of or cancel a Public Training Course at any time for any reason. Where TMH changes the date or cancels the Public Training Course for any reason except due to a Force Majeure Event (in which case the terms of Condition 11 shall apply) TMH shall offer you the option of attending any re-arranged Public Training Course that TMH organises. If you choose not to attend the re-arranged Public Training Course (and notify TMH of such in good time) or if TMH does not organise such a Public Training Course then you will (as your sole remedy) be entitled, at your discretion, to receive either a credit note or a refund in respect of the registration fees received by TMH.
- Where a Force Majeure Event has or may have (in TMH’s sole discretion) an adverse impact on: (i) the ability of TMH to hold the Public Training Course at the planned venue or on the planned date; or (ii) the Public Training Course generally, then TMH shall be entitled but not obliged (in its sole discretion) to either:
(i) provide alternative facilities or venue for the Public Training Course; and/or
(ii) reschedule the Public Training Course. Any of your fees received by TMH shall be applied to any rearranged or rescheduled Public Training Course held pursuant to this Condition 11 and you shall not be entitled to object to such rearranged or rescheduled Public Training Course or have any right to claim any compensation in respect thereof. If TMH is unable or elects not to rearrange or reschedule the Public Training Course pursuant to this Condition 11, then you will (as its sole remedy) be entitled, in your sole discretion, to receive either a refund or credit note in respect of your fees received by TMH, in each case less an administration charge equivalent to 10% per cent of the total amount of your fees (which TMH may (in its sole discretion) either deduct from any refund or credit note or invoice the you separately). For the purpose of this Condition 11 “Force Majeure Event” means any event arising that is beyond the reasonable control of TMH including (without limitation) to speaker or participant cancellation or withdrawal, supplier or contractor failure, venue damage or cancellation, health scares, industrial dispute, governmental regulations or action, military action, fire, flood, disaster, civil riot, acts of terrorism or war. These terms and conditions shall apply in respect of the rearranged or rescheduled Public Training Course organised by TMH pursuant to this Condition 11.
- To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, TMH shall not be liable to you for any loss, delay, damage or other liability incurred resulting from or arising in connection with the cancellation or the changing of the date of the Public Training Course howsoever arising or any venue change. You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of conditions 9 and 10 set out your sole remedy should the Public Training Course be cancelled or the date changed and all other liability of TMH is expressly excluded.
- TMH may (at its sole discretion) refuse admission to, or eject from the Public Training Course, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of TMH represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Public Training Course. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by TMH or the venue owners at the Public Training Course.
- All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited. You consent to filming and sound recording and photography of the Public Training Course as a delegate and you consent to the use by TMH of any such recording or photography anywhere in the world for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
- The personal information which you provide to us will be held by us on a database. You agree that TMH may share this information with selected third parties in the UK and internationally for direct marketing purposes.
- To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, TMH excludes:
(a) all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Public Training Course;
(b) all indemnities, warranties, terms and conditions (whether express or implied); and
(c) any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by you or any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss (whether direct or indirect). If TMH is liable to you for any reason, TMH’s total liability to you in relation to the Public Training Course (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of the registration fees that you paid to TMH.
- TMH reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. However, you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you submit your registration.
- No person other than you and TMH shall have the right (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (the “Act”) or otherwise) to enforce these terms and conditions between us without the prior written agreement of you and TMH.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of the England and Wales and disputes under or in connection with them shall be subject to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.