Twitter masterclass for conferences and eventsHow to use Twitter to build, engage and grow your conference and event communities — a half-day masterclass
Our Twitter Masterclass focuses on the specific opportunities for conferences and events presented by Twitter and how it should be practically used to build brand awareness, brand understanding and engage event audiences. It examines how to create and evolve communities and harness and develop them into live conference participants without jeopardising relationships.
Twitter is explained and assessed, and its relevance to conferences and events evaluated. You will also learn how to set Twitter objectives, integrate it with content marketing, other social channels and traditional marketing channels, and measure ROI on your efforts.
The definition, evolution and purpose of Twitter
- Potted history – generally and for events
- When is Twitter the right channel for engaging with your event stakeholders?
- Twitter for branding, to drive traffic to your website and to build data organically
Creating a Twitter plan that works with other communications tools and channels
- Setting objectives and strategy for the use of Twitter – per sector, per brand and per event
- Joining up Twitter with other social media channels, and other marketing channels, for best impact
- How to measure Twitter effectiveness and ROI for events
How to use Twitter to build your event brand, your personal brand and your communities
- How to use Twitter to build brand awareness, brand understanding and brand engagement with various event stakeholders
- The importance of Twitter profiles and how to optimise them
- How to use Twitter to build year-round communities and engagement with your event attendees and stakeholders
- When to tweet from a brand account, and when to tweet from a personal account
Using social media to optimise content marketing, and content marketing to optimise social reach
- Content, content, content – the essential ‘fuel’ for Twitter success
- Using Twitter to optimise earned media and sharing to drive traffic to your event website
Practical guidelines on the day-to-day use of social media in different functions and at different stages of an event cycle
- How different functions (production, marketing, sponsorship sales, delegate sales and customer services) should (and shouldn’t) use Twitter in their day-to-day working lives
- Twitter optimisation across an event timeline: best use of Twitter before, during and after an event
95% of our delegates would recommend our courses
Who should attend?
This course is for all members of the conference team, whether you are a producer researching a topic, a marketer promoting a conference, a sales manager looking to generate additional sponsorship or logistics looking to run an event in a new market, discover how to use twitter effectively. If you would like your whole team to benefit from this Twitter Masterclass, please call regarding in-house training +44 (0) 208 374 1712.
Half day: 09:00–13:00
Where and when?
This course is run as an in-house programme. Please call +44 (0)208 374 1712 if you would like further information.
Follow us on:
Studies prove that employees who experience regular training are:
- more invested in the success of the business and its goals & more LOYAL
- better performers & increased in confidence leading to IMPROVED RESULTS
I would like to thank you for your training on Friday. It was very refreshing and a great insight from a personal and professional perspective – I learnt a lot.
Conference Producer, SMi Group
93% of delegates rate The Media House training as 5/5