Women in business
Developing executive presence and leadership confidence
Most employers recognise that boardrooms are greatly enhanced by the presence of focused, motivated and influential women. They know that female leaders bring emotional intelligence to decision-making and facilitate good communication within the team. But getting women into leadership roles can be a challenge, as they face a myriad of barriers to reaching the boardroom. Although external factors are at play, the biggest barrier to women’s progress comes from within – lack of confidence, low aspirations and resistance to risk-taking.
This is a course that will help women develop the confidence and communication skills needed for the boardroom. Through practical advice, strategies and presentation skills exercises, women who attend this course will conquer impostor syndrome and learn how to communicate at an executive level. They will build their resilience to handle the challenges of leadership, overcome perfectionistic tendencies that hold them back, and get comfortable with speaking up in the boardroom to take their careers significantly further.
To be announced
BRAND NEW COURSE
What will you learn on this course?
- Build unshakeable confidence and learn how to communicate at an executive level
- Overcome imposter syndrome and find out how to manage performance anxiety and perfectionism
- Practise speaking up and learn how to pitch for promotion
- Understanding gender bias and the shift towards a more diverse boardroom
- The growing need for female leaders: why traditionally ‘female traits’ are needed for businesses of the future
Building unshakable confidence
- Overcoming impostor syndrome: how to fake it ‘til you make it
- Changing thinking habits and overcoming limiting beliefs using CBT techniques
- Banishing perfectionistic tendencies to take more risks and progress faster
- Cultivating an external rather than inward focus
- Building resilience to handle the challenges of leadership
Understanding your unique value and how to pitch it
- Get clarity on what you stand for and practise pitching your strengths
- Prepare and practise a 1 minute elevator pitch to use for networking events and meeting introductions
Presenting and communicating at an executive level
- Tips on speaking up in the board room
- How to report on your achievements and gain exposure with senior stakeholders
- Body language and voice techniques that convey gravitas
Leadership and assertiveness
- Getting comfortable with conflict: how to have productive conversations
- Assert your boundaries: tips on how and when to say no
- Developing an emotionally-intelligent leadership style
Growing your role
- Finding inspiration and support through role models and mentors
- Pitching for promotion and shaping your role
- Dreaming big: goal-setting for the future
- Women in leadership roles and aspiring female leaders
- Women looking to increase their confidence and gravitas in the business world
This is a brand new course. Please contact us for planned dates.
To be announced
One day: 09:00–17:00
£595 plus VAT for all commercial companies
£545 plus VAT for not-for-profit organisations
Knowedgable and approachable. Really good presenter! Some top tips.
Great trainer, a pleasure to work with, easy to relate to. Thank you for the wonderful experience!
This was the best events course I have been on – thank you! Thanks to the Media House for the organisation and implementation of such a great learning day, I am going to try and apply everything in the next couple of weeks to see if my event idea will stand up to the validation and testing protocols we discussed yesterday.Olivia Ryan-Hill